Welcome to the Hickman Creek Conservancy!
We are glad you stopped by. Here you will find tools for learning how you can protect our streams. We are a willing partner for cleanups, planting efforts, and working toward stabilization and restoration efforts.
- The West Hickman Watershed Management Plan was approved by the EPA on June 15th, 2023. The full text of the plan and appendices will be located at the LFUCG website here: Watershed planning | City of Lexington (lexingtonky.gov)
- LFUCG, Palmer Engineering and HCC will be hosting one final West Hickman Watershed Council meeting to discuss potential projects for implementation in the watershed. Stay tuned for more details on date, time and location.
- The next HCC board meeting will be on Thursday, October 19th at 5:30 PM in the Tates Creek Public Library small meeting room.
- HCC will be participating in UK Urban Forest Initiative's Tree Week (Tree Week 2023 | Urban Forest Initiative (uky.edu))
- Trees of Belleau Wood Park, Saturday October 7th 10 - 11:30 am
- Friends of Jacobson Park has one upcoming event. Contact Katie Lindeman (KLindeman@palmernet.com) for more information and to join the e-mail list.
- Planting event at Jacobson Park golf course riparian area September 23rd starting at 8am - park at basketball courts and walk across the pond berm towards the golf course
- Bluegrass Trout Unlimited has two upcoming events. Contact Joe Howell (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- Stream Cleanup - September 30th 9 am to Noon
- Formal opening of Veterans Park outdoor classroom - October 20th 3:30 pm